Header

Saving money on the ordinary to enjoy the Extraordinary!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Boring Necessities Needed

While I admit that this post isn't exactly oozing excitement, it's a simple reminder to us couponers: Buying necessities isn't necessarily fun, but is one of the main reasons that us crazy coupon people keep up this money saving habit. We always need toothpaste, toilet paper, face cleansers, and if you're anything like me, nail polish!

Total Net Cost: $3.88

Since the items pictured here are your normal everyday got to have sort of items, I'll skip the long drawn-out paragraphs and just explain how I got these items for cheap. I'm sure a few of you may want to copy my shopping trip at your local CVS and Walgreens, so I'll just get right to it.

Walgreens
Cottonelle
$5 - $1 May coupon book coupon - $0.50 coupon from Sunday's paper = $3.50

Wet n Wild Nail Polishes
$0.99 each - (3)$1 coupons from Sunday's paper = 3 for FREE

CVS
Biore Facial Wipes
$2.87 - $2 coupon from magic coupon in-store machine = $0.87

AquaFresh Travel Toothpaste
$1.27 each - $1 online coupon = $0.27 each

Because I used my CVS Green Tag, I also earned another $1 ECB off my next purchase :)

Like I said before...while today's shopping trip wasn't exactly a fun-filled exciting life-changing experience, I did get some things that we always need around the house...for less than a drive-thru meal at your favorite fast food chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment