Header

Saving money on the ordinary to enjoy the Extraordinary!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Savings in Your Inbox


Has anyone ever watched an episode of Extreme Couponing? Pretty crazy, huh? Well, don't worry. This money-saving tip has nothing to do with that show :)

To me, there is no easier way to save money than to have the savings delivered straight to my inbox. Now don't get me wrong...there is definitely something therapeutic about clipping coupons from a Sunday newspaper. But there is also something very exciting about getting an email from Cinemark telling me I can receive a FREE small popcorn with the purchase of a Sour Patch Kids candy. Both are great experiences, but getting FREE popcorn just because I read an email is pretty cool.

Today I want you think about all those stores that you frequently shop at. You know, those stores that you pay full price for everything and don't think twice about. For me, those stores were Target, Kohl's, and Bath & Body Works. Guess what. All of those stores have websites. And all of those websites have links that allow you to sign up for their mailing lists. The best part? Those mailing lists send sale information and coupons directly to my inbox! You have a homework assignment: Make a list of your top 5 retail stores and go ahead and sign up to receive their emails. You'll be surprised at how easily the savings show up in your inbox.

What about restaurants? We all like to eat out occasionally, right? Why not sign up to be on a few of their mailing lists? I personally LOVE receiving emails (and coupons) from Olive Garden. And Schlotzsky's. And Pizza Hut. And Chili's, where, by the way, you get free chips & queso just for signing up...

Another thing you may want to consider signing up for is websites that sell the products you need/want, but at a discounted price. My new favorite online retail shop is iChameleons.com. They offer the latest cases and accessories for Apple products. Now, if you know me, or my family, you know that we are some iPhone-loving people. This website emails daily deals, and let me tell you, they are some AWESOME deals. Today's deals included an iPhone 5 case for $4 or some armbands for $7. Talk about some great savings! I used this website a lot for Christmas gifts and will continue to use it throughout the year for other gifts.

If you're like me, you are probably getting excited about the endless possibilities of inbox savings. But if you're like me, you're also probably a little nervous about the endless possibilities of inbox savings...

If you're worried about putting your personal email address out there for the retail world to see, let me suggest something that myself and a few of my other coupon buddies have done. Create another email address that is used only to SAVE MORE GREEN IN 2013. Be creative with your email address. I'm actually quite proud of mine...I like to refer myself as CouponQueen ;) This is the email address I use when signing up for emails from my favorite stores and restaurants. This way, my personal emails are kept separately from my coupon emails. The last thing you want to do is accidentally delete or miss an important email.

So go ahead. Give it a shot. And let the savings come to YOU to this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment