Header

Saving money on the ordinary to enjoy the Extraordinary!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Life Success Story

It's Tuesday, three days after the new round of coupons came out, and I have no exciting coupon stories or pictures to post. I didn't rush to CVS on Sunday to take advantage of the newest ECB sale, and I'm pretty sure I have some expired Register Rewards in my coupon file. Normally this would make for a bummed out couponer, but not this week...

What was so important, you ask, that would keep this avid couponaholic away from the infamous Sunday sales? The answer is actually quite simple:

I slept in.

I went to church with my wonderful husband.

We went to lunch with some pretty awesome friends.

I learned about the new United Way.

We took a LONG afternoon nap.

We went to a Sunday night church service. 

We picked up Whataburger To Go

We even returned some lost keys. 

Might sound pretty boring and routine to some, but it's worth more than ANYTHING when you're spending time with the people you love. 

The coupons will always be there. The sales will always be there. Sometimes it's good to just take a Sunday off and just enjoy the simple things in life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment