Header

Saving money on the ordinary to enjoy the Extraordinary!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

CVS Success Story AKA The Highlight Of My Week!!!

Shopping tip #2 for today. If you don't already have a CVS card, go get one! Right now. Ok maybe not right now, but sometime this week before Sunday rolls around. CVS is where I get the majority of our toiletries and miscellaneous household items for pennies. If you are new to the couponing world, and are looking for a place to start, your best bet is CVS. 

Now I know what you're thinking...you think that CVS is over-priced, and that I'm insane for recommending that you start shopping there. I used to think the same thing, until I discovered the power behind these 3 little letters: ECB. For all you beginners out there, learn from the expert: The Krazy Coupon Lady herself :) Just click on the CVS 101 tab and you'll be on your way to saving millions in no time.

OK. Back to my wonderful shopping trip to CVS. Don't focus too much on the picture...the items aren't anything exciting to look at. It's the numbers that really make me want to do my happy dance :)
Herbal Essences Shampoo: $2.49 each
*CVS sale is $1.00 ECB when you purchase two
-(2) $1.00 off coupons from Sunday newspaper
New Price: $1.49 each

Excedrin Extra Strength: $6.39
*CVS sale is $5.00 ECB when you spend $10.00 on Excedrin
-$0.75 off coupon from Sunday newspaper
New Price: $5.64

Excedrin Tension Headache: $5.99
*CVS sale is $5.00 ECB when you spend $10.00 on Excedrin
-$0.75 off coupon from Sunday newspaper
New Price: $5.24

Total Cost: $13.35 - $3.00 off coupon from The Magic Red Machine = $10.35
- $10.00 ECB from previous shopping trip
New Price: $0.35 + $6.00 earned ECB that I can use on my next purchase

Moral of the story: I basically got paid $5.65 to shop at CVS
(cue happy dance)

No comments:

Post a Comment